Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Idaho

We drove up to Rexburg to see Mike and Brittany and the kids a couple of weekends ago and had a blast. Highlights of the trip included shooting, fishing, letting the kids play with the dead fish like they were fisher-price toys, and an AMAZING pork sirloin roasted in red wine that the kids kept eating as long as we all called it "chicken". Things that weren't such a big hit were mostly food I made using the recipe as a "guideline". No really, if you don't have sugar you can mix equal parts coriander and celery salt for a substitute, I swear. In other news we learned that Ben loves to catch the fish and keep the fish but draws the line at ingesting the fish. Here are the pictures in absolutely no chronological or particular order:

The .22 rifle was a little big and heavy for Ben but he had a blast anyways (pun intended). I posted this picture because Katie's already not speaking to me.
I'm not sure if the subject of this picture is our family, a dock, or a bridge, but since I'm bad at interpreting art, it's probably the white SUV.
Hunter didn't know that the fish wasn't a toy.
And we didn't tell Ella either.
Kallie will model anything to build a portfolio though.
Even Japanese crap.
Ben pulled in his first fish ever thanks to Uncle Mike.Uncle Mike's secret fishing hole was a long walk from Rexburg.
Worms turned out to be the bait of choice for fish in Idaho. I thought it would've been potatoes.
I thought this picture was gorgeous.

1 comment:

kme1981 said...

Such a horrible picture :) I do love that blue shirt though...too bad I see all these other people wearing it :)