Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Provo Tabernacle

On December 17th the Provo Tabernacle caught on fire.  We loved the Provo Tabernacle and had all our stake conferences there.  We had actually just attended a Live Nativity program a few weeks before where they brought real animals for the kids to pet and see up close.  So when I got onto facebook and saw the comments about the Provo Tabernacle on fire I was so surprised and sad. 

This is a picture of the Tabernacle on fire.  All the roads close to it were blocked off.  I had to run errands in South Provo and actually ended up turning around and going back home since I couldn’t get anywhere downtown.  It was a mess!  This was taken from my car just driving by.  Look at all that smoke!

  PC170024

These were taken about 3 weeks later.  The roof is completely gone and the upper balcony where my kids would always beg us to sit are now in a heap on the floor.  All the windows are blown out, the doors gone.  All 4 towers are still there and the brick looks in amazing shape for being in such an intense fire.

P1050378 P1050380 P1050381 P1050387 P1050391

We are so sad that our loved Tabernacle is in ruins.  I really hope the church finds a way to rebuild and keep this beautiful building in Provo.

1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

So sad huh?!?! Did you see the picture of the firemen holding one of the pictures that were in the building that got burned? Email me if you want to see it. It gave me chills.