Saturday, March 5, 2011

They say it’s your birthday….

This big guy had a birthday this week. I think I was a little more excited about it then he was. Birthday’s when you are older are just not the same…but I set out to prove him wrong! Birthday’s can be just as fun and a big deal when you are turning 29 plus 2!

IMG_7668

When Chris got home from work the kids and I had the whole house decorated and his requested meal on the table..well I thought it was his requested meal. He was very sweet and didn’t tell me it wasn’t the meal he asked for until later that night. Opps! It was still delish :)

Kallie enjoying her yummy “noodles with red sauce”.

IMG_7664

Ben requested this picture with Chris. Don’t you love his still red mouth after just washing his face and hands? What adorable boys I have :)

IMG_7667

After dinner we got to the most exciting part…..presents!!! The kids were super helpful and didn’t want Chris to feel burdened by having to open gifts…so they helped :)

IMG_7675

And even though they knew what was inside the boxes they were still so excited to see him open them, hand it to him and tell him what it is! My favorite part was during dinner when Kallie gave Chris her gift (a rock) and told him his other gift was coming in the book, but she couldn’t say anymore because it was a surprise. Love how kids can keep secrets :)

IMG_7682

Chris got a special homemade book…thank you thank you thank you everyone :) You know who you are :)

IMG_7685 IMG_7687

Once all the presents were opened Andrew got back to business….he sneaked over to the sink where the food was waiting to be put away and helped himself. But I really can’t complain..he is eating broccoli! He loves it!

IMG_7688

Since we didn’t have time to do donuts in the morning we did them as a pre-dessert dessert. Ben is now a pro and got it after only a few tries…

IMG_7690

Kallie was so excited to try to get her donut. She called it when we were hanging them and let everyone know that was “her” donut. Do you see that little hand sneaking it's way up to the prized donut????

IMG_7698

And this is what you get when your little brother wants your prized donut….

IMG_7700

And more crying and wailing….. I love how he is eating the donut in the background of this picture…poor Kal!

IMG_7702

But it all ends well as we find a replacement donut. This is why I don’t buy different flavors anymore. If they are all chocolate everyone gets the same..and they love the Macy’s chocolate cake donuts..so no one complains….

IMG_7703

Andrew is on such a sugar high he rocked the rocking chair and it fell all the way back. He thought that was pretty neat and got comfy and couldn’t stop giggling. It was really adorable….until he realized he couldn’t get out of the chair in the position and got really upset…then it was funny :)

IMG_7705

Real Dessert time! Chris wanted strata for his dessert and that’s what he got…unlike at dinner :) Too bad he was so full from everything he had eaten that day that he couldn’t enjoy it. The rest of us did though :)

IMG_7710 IMG_7715 IMG_7716 IMG_7717 IMG_7718

Chris getting all ready to watch the big game. BYU vs. New Mexico. He knew they were going to win because it was his birthday. Of course they knew it was his birthday and would play an amazing game. He even didn’t got back to work that night so he could watch the cougars in all their glory. Unfortunately the Cougars had a little off game. I’ve never seen Chris so riled up about a basketball game! It’s ok though. It got me really into the whole Jimmer bandwagon so today he is coming home to watch the game again. I’m happy since I’ll get to see him on a Saturday :)

IMG_7704

So all in all it was a fun day and fun to celebrate this amazing man I married ;) Happy birthday babe! You are so loved ;)

3 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

I love all of these photos. I laughed more at the next one. Seriously Katie, you have a darling family!!! I love those kids! Happy birthday Chris!!!

Tecia said...

Andrew is so FUNNY! I loved the sneaking of the donuts. Kallie makes me laugh. Happy Belated Birthday Chris!

Ingram Family said...

so cute!!! I love pictures. Sorry I couldn't write more but for some reason my girls know exactly when I am using the computer and then they need me. So sorry mine was so short!