Back in April we got the bikes out and took our first ride of the year. It is so nice now that Kallie rides her own bike! We took the trail down to the lake, about 5-7 miles round trip…I think. It was still pretty cold outside and very windy, but the kids had a lot of fun. Kallie did amazing on her first ride and made it to the lake just fine. The ride home was a little harder since it is all uphill, but for a 5 year old doing such a long bike ride….and it was her first…she did amazing!
Andrew loves the trailer. He gets his Mickey blanket, a game, a drink, a treat, and he is good for hours in this thing. It’s great :)
The lake. How beautiful!!! I swear, we took more pictures of the scenery than the kids!
Kal enjoying her chips at the lake. It was so windy and cold! We didn’t stay too long for fear of the storm clouds ahead (other picture)
Benjamin
Andrew showing me his orange fingers from his chips
“Mom, it’s too cold to smile! Put the covers back on me!”
Group shot
The final stretch has water on both sides. The water was so high this part was covered with water just a week or so before. There were tree branches and everything all over the side. How pretty!
Looking back at the clouds we were going to have to bike through. We made it home with a few minutes to spare before the rain poured down. We weren’t so lucky with today’s bike ride! That post will follow later :)
Isn’t it beautiful! This is one of my favorite bike rides around our house. It’s not too long for the kids and it is on a trail so there are no cars to worry about. I’m so excited for summer!
3 comments:
I love it!! I wish we had bikes!!!
Post a Comment