Yes, I know that the title completely indicates that there will be at least one picture attached to this post, but there is not. When we moved Ben and myself were already in need of haircuts. So shortly after moving in we decided to go take care of it. Normally, Katie would just shave Ben's head with a #3 attachment on the razor. I've been going to the same salon since before we were married so I haven't had to really describe to anyone how to cut my hair for a LONG time. We were both in for something new.
I had noticed a little barbershop while I was out the one day that kind of reminded me of the barbershop I'd gone to growing up. Unfortunately, that place had closed by the time we got there. A couple blocks down the street however was the MDK (Mom, Dad, Kids) Salon.
The first thing I noticed was that the writing on the door made it excruciatingly clear that only cash was accepted. We walked inside and there was lots of "homey" decor and "homey" signs and such which only served to clash all the more with the appearance of the staff.
It was the roughest looking crew of barbers and stylists I had ever seen. Holes in their pants, very tattooed, some with excessive piercings. So of course, we decided to stay and get our hair cut.
I told my barber that I wanted it short on the sides and longer on top. Apparently, there is about 1/2" difference in length between saying that in New Mexico as opposed to Utah. Either that or my barber just cuts everybody the same way regardless of what they ask for.
Ben's barber actually did a good job and cut Ben's hair exactly like Ben asked him too. I thought he did a good job, but Ben decided he didn't like it and then told the guy to shave it all off. So we just payed someone to do what we normally do at home.
My barber finished before Ben's so I went to pay. This is where I found out that not only do the only take cash, but he would not let me pay for both haircuts at the same time. He described the barbers as "independant contractors". That is when I noticed there wasn't even a cash register. Yeah, these guys are probably involved in tax evasion. I guess it's already time to find a new barber...
I had noticed a little barbershop while I was out the one day that kind of reminded me of the barbershop I'd gone to growing up. Unfortunately, that place had closed by the time we got there. A couple blocks down the street however was the MDK (Mom, Dad, Kids) Salon.
The first thing I noticed was that the writing on the door made it excruciatingly clear that only cash was accepted. We walked inside and there was lots of "homey" decor and "homey" signs and such which only served to clash all the more with the appearance of the staff.
It was the roughest looking crew of barbers and stylists I had ever seen. Holes in their pants, very tattooed, some with excessive piercings. So of course, we decided to stay and get our hair cut.
I told my barber that I wanted it short on the sides and longer on top. Apparently, there is about 1/2" difference in length between saying that in New Mexico as opposed to Utah. Either that or my barber just cuts everybody the same way regardless of what they ask for.
Ben's barber actually did a good job and cut Ben's hair exactly like Ben asked him too. I thought he did a good job, but Ben decided he didn't like it and then told the guy to shave it all off. So we just payed someone to do what we normally do at home.
My barber finished before Ben's so I went to pay. This is where I found out that not only do the only take cash, but he would not let me pay for both haircuts at the same time. He described the barbers as "independant contractors". That is when I noticed there wasn't even a cash register. Yeah, these guys are probably involved in tax evasion. I guess it's already time to find a new barber...
No comments:
Post a Comment