Saturday, November 12, 2016

Teenager in the House!

This amazing kid made us parents 13 years ago today.  We are pretty lucky to have such a great kid to be our test kid Smile  Ben is one amazing human and we love him so very much.  Ben has had pneumonia for 10 days now.  He is feeling better, but is not 100%.  His birthday plans were a little up in the air since we weren’t sure what he would be able to handle.  We took it slow and calm, but I still think he had a great day.  His morning started off with his favorite breakfast of bacon and french toast.  Then Christopher and Ben took off for Ben’s unknown adventure, while I stayed home with the other kids. 

DSC_0134DSC_0135
While the boys were out seeing their pg-13 movie, Dr. Strange, we were getting everything ready at home.  After a movie, lunch at Panda Express, a Costco run, Ben was back and a little beat.  Zack helped me make his cake…I caught this picture of him while we was showing me his karate moves.  This kid kills me!
DSC_0137
Andrew pretty much attacked Ben as soon as Ben got home.  Andrew had made him a clue as to where to find the gift he got him (that he had been hinting about all week by saying things like, “Voldemort’s nose will be here Saturday!”)  aka – Ben’s gift will be here Saturday.  Ben totally got it but played along anyway.  I’m not who was more excited, Andrew, Ben or Zack! When Ben opened it he attacked Andrew with a big bear hug.  It was so dang cute.

DSC_0140DSC_0142DSC_0143

Then it was time for the kids' favorite part of their birthday, Grandma’s treasure hunt!  Ben’s theme this year was “Birthday Cash” and man he was thrilled.  As he said, he was “makin’ it rain cash”. One clue sent him to “where the dirty clothes are”.  I hid it in the Tide box and he couldn’t find it no matter how hard he looked.  Finally I told him to swap the laundry and start a new load.  Not only did he find his clue, I got my laundry going again.  Win/win!
DSC_0146DSC_0149DSC_0153DSC_0154
After his treasure hunt it was time for our gifts.  Zack pretty much unwrapped his present to Ben, only after telling him what it was then handing it to him.  Zack was thrilled to have gotten him Pie Face and they had so much fun watching each other get whipped cream all over their faces.  Kallie got him 4 boxes of Swiss rolls.  This kid has a major obsession with Swiss rolls!
DSC_0155DSC_0157

DSC_0158DSC_0160
Chris and I got him a flying fishing rod that he was wanted for a while and an Itunes gift card…which he has also been begging for. As soon as he unwrapped the fishing pool he leaped over and gave his dad a huge hug.  I’m telling you, we won this lottery with this kid!
DSC_0165DSC_0167DSC_0168DSC_0171

Then it was time for cake.  Kallie and I had made him a cake of all his favorite things.  White cake, chocolate cake, snickers, ice cream, and of course, SWISS ROLLS!  We put Swiss rolls all around it and on the top.  Then we stuffed 36 candles on that thing, because really, why not?
DSC_0174DSC_0175
Lighting all those candles was quite the job, but we finally did it!
DSC_0182DSC_0184

After a fun day, dinner, dessert, a few games on his new video game we are unwinding with four very tired kids watching Johnny English.  What a great day to be 13.

No comments: