First picture of the day was with the fountain right outside our flat. We rented a one bedroom flat in the middle of town and it was absolutely perfect. Driving in Rome is just….stressful!
We walked to the Colosseum. The street hustlers know the area and look of tourists from a mile away. I had guys trying to give me roses, sell me selfie sticks, umbrellas, private tours, etc. By the time we got to the Colosseum I just wanted to pay to go inside so I would be assaulted by these people anymore! It was really overwhelming.
Once inside we could start to relax and enjoy exploring this amazing site. We paid extra for a tour and learned so much about the uses of the colosseum, its history, and the ultimate decline.
I love this shot because it shows the third level on the left side, and the missing third level on the right. It’s amazing how this building has stood for over 2000 years!
See that guy in the back? He really wanted me to to buy this selfie stick I’m trying out for 30 Euro. I only had 2 Euro. He followed me all the way down the the entrance of the colosseum and went as low as 5 Euro. Finally Chris had to use his scary voice to tell him to back off and leave me alone.
This holes are all over the walls of the colosseum. When asked about it our tour guide explained that anything of value that could be sold or repurposed was stolen from the site. Kind of sad…but also look how many things were all over the walls!
A model showing what the inside and outside of the colosseum used to look like.
A few artifacts
No comments:
Post a Comment