Thursday, April 30, 2020

So this is happening...

This post is a Nick mobility update.  Let's just say....he's a busy little man.

He has started to crawl up the stairs.  Still can't go down - which is terrifying.  It's a whole family affair when he attempts..which is adorable.  Well, it's a whole family affair except for last night.  I was on a zoom primary meeting while Christopher and the kids played downstairs.  As I walked out of our bedroom I saw my little 11 month old on the stairs - 9 stairs up - with out ANYONE nearby.  I carefully get behind him while trying not to have him turn around and fall down the stairs.  Everyone was shocked he had made it so far up the stairs without anyone noticing.  Chris said Ben was watching him, Ben said Andrew, Andrew said Zack - sooooo no one ;)

He loves to crawl around and tries to get into rooms he isn't supposed to (aka the bathroom.)  He found the game room unblocked (the kids normally make a barrier out of a laundry basket and big diaper boxes) screamed happily and proceeded to pull out every.single. kleenex out of the kleenex box.  He was so proud of himself.


One this day he was helping me make dinner.  He loves to play with the broom while I cook.  He was really quiet and happy - so I was getting lots done.  Then I turned around and found out why he was so quiet....he had found a chocolate wafer bar in the cupboard, opened the bar, and ate it.  He was a complete chocolate bomb.


On this day I was baking - couldn't leave the stove- so I opened this cupboard for him.  He had never explored this cupboard before and happily did a wonderful job of emptying the whole thing.  He is a very hard worker.  Also this is one of the first times he pulled himself up.  He normally can't reach the upper shelf.  Double proud of him!


If Nick is upset all you have to do is pull out your phone and start watching videos of Nick.  He loves watching himself!


As previously stated - the game room is normally off limits.  It has more to do with the older boys leaving batteries in Nick reach than with Nick.  The other day while Zack was playing with Nick, I went to check on them and found this sweet site.  How am I so lucky to have such amazing kids?!


No comments: