Nick was able to give his first primary talk yesterday! He was so excited. We (Christopher and I) both practiced and practiced with him. His talk was on Jesus and miracles. The plan was to have Christopher help him, but right before primary he benched Christopher and put me in.
We grabbed our picture of Jesus, headed to the pulpit, and I began whispering his talk into his ear. He then told me, "No mom, I've got this", and proceeded to go completely off script. His talk kind of went like this (Oh how I wish Christopher was recording it!)
Nick: and in utah there is snowmobiles, and Ben is at BYU, and there is lots of snow and it's so much fun.
Me (in his ear): And Jesus performed many miracles....
Nick: And we stay at the cabin with cousins.......(on and on about snow, snowmobiles, cabins, Ben, ETC)
I finally told him "In the name of Jesus Christ amen" and he copied that, smiled, and walked triumphantly back to his chair. He had just given the talk of his dreams and he was so proud of himself! All the teachers were smiling and so impressed.
Fast forward to our singing time activity. I had put little shamrocks on the board that talked about "lucky" things verses "blessing". Nick's stick was called and he got to come up. He picked the one with the most text. As I went to take it from him to read it to the primary, he said, "No mom! I'll read it!" and for a FULL MINUTE talked and talked about Ben, BYU, Football, snow, snowmobiles, cabins, etc. He barely stopped for breath! Once he stopped, I said, "and ladybugs are also considered lucky!" Everyone burst into laughter.
I think Nick loves the spotlight!






No comments:
Post a Comment