Christopher has been gone on a business trip for several days. This was my 3rd Sunday going to church alone with the boys, and I was tired. To top it off, it was linger longer, which I totally forgot about. I quickly make gaggies to bring and grabbed a Walmart Caesar salad I had in the fridge for dinner tonight to share.
We made it to church on time - and the little boys rushed ahead of me. They were sitting in the back row waiting for us, when I noticed Bro. Swim go up to the boys and shake their hands. They were simply glowing and you can tell they felt so big and important. When I walked in I told the boys to come follow me to a pew, but they wanted to sit right behind Bro. Swim. As I sat down, I warned the Swims it might be a louder sacrament than they are used to with us behind them. They assured me they would love and welcome the noise of little people around them again.
I sat down and got settled. When I looked up Xander had moved himself up to sit next to Bro. Swim. He was all cozied up to him getting ready to sing the hymns. Next thing I knew Nick was standing up and making his way to sit by them too. Nick and Xander sat the whole sacrament meeting with the Swim family and were so reverent and well behaved. For the first time in months I actually was able to relax and enjoy being in church and paying attention. I can't even remember the last time I got to listen to a sacrament talk. It was such a tender mercy. One I didn't even know I needed. The Swims colored with the boys, drew with the boys, and just loved on my kids with smiles and kindness. It was such a nice break.
I wasn't planning on staying for linger longer, but I walked in and found one person to talk to, then another, then another. Next thing I knew I saw Andrew at the Priest table, Zack surrounded by the deacons, and Nick and Xander had made themselves at home with the priests. Those sweet priests played with the boys and made them feel big and special.
Most Sundays I head home feeling tired and overwhelmed. Today I drove home feeling thankful and apart of a huge family who loved on me, my kids, and I felt like they would take care of me. With Christopher often gone, it's nice to feel like I am apart of a village that will help and take care of me. What a huge blessing.





No comments:
Post a Comment