Saturday, June 7, 2025

I go to Camp!

Well, not really. I have a new calling in the Stake YW Presidency and I was supposed to go to Stake YW camp, but Christopher was out of town, Andrew was watching Chase, and Zack also had camp - not to mention my 2 little friends I needed to take care of. I also didn't want to feel like I wasn't helping out, so on Monday I helped drive up supplies and the YCL's to camp - which was 3 ish hours away. I got a great shirt out of it and some fun stories - also some traumatizing ones too! I learned Christine Archibald not only has princess hair, but she has no fear of mice or any little critters. The girls found mice droppings in one cabin, which led to a live mouse, which led to a whole nest of baby mice. No worries! Christine called for a broom and dustpan and went in to save the day! I was so impressed. I actually went into the cabin to take a picture - saw a mouse on the wall - freaked out - screamed - and ran outside. I decided this was not something I wasn't to deal with so Christy and I walked down to the ranger station and passed the buck to them. 

I help get a few things settled, took a group picture, then hopped in the car to start the trek back home. It was the perfect amount of time at camp - for me.


No comments: