I finally got sick. After two weeks of hanging around other sick people the virus finally started getting an upperhand on my immune system. Though miserable, I don't think I'm yet as bad as K and the kids got. Little K in particular is still very ill and last night was horrible. I had fallen asleep yesterday from 3 to 7 so it was hard for me to sleep even being sick but on top of it all little K could not fall asleep and that is far far worse. All night she sat somewhere in our bedroom or bed screaming and yelling and kicking either me or K. If you want to know what her screaming sounds like and why I'm referencing the wizard of oz again read the previous post.
K finally decided that if she was going to scream she might as well do it in another room at the far end of the house. The problem is that the wicked witch of the west has a voice that carries, and oh how it carries. So finally at 4:30 am I decided to call off the flying monkeys. I went down to Little K's room and picked her up and she stopped crying and said she wanted to rock with me. Dad to the rescue I thought. I'm her knight in shining armour. Yeah that ideal was crushed when K came downstairs to rock her for me since I was sick. Little K immediately went to her mom and ratted me out with a lie! "Dad woke me up!" was the first thing she said as if to cover herself. Yeah, well next time I think I'll just sleep through the flying monkeys thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment