
Our dog Dandy has now been gone for 6 days and I feel like we aren't going to get her back. Every morning and every afternoon I call the two animal shelters that she could be taken to and nothing. I've called the police, posted her on 7 sites and nothing. I had hope that she would be found since she had her collar with her tags on, but last night as I was trying to fall asleep I realized that was not the case. Just before we left for New Mexico we lost her collar so Chris and the kids went and picked out a new one for her. I didn't think to make sure I got her a new name tag since i was sure the old one was just hiding from us and we would find it when we got home and just transfer the tags. I did have her new animal license, but instead of putting it on her new collar I just filed it. Why didn't I put it on her collar! If I had done that who ever found her would know she had a family and was cared about and would know to call us! But now the only way she will be found is it someone takes her to a shelter (which is unlikely if they are an animal lover since the shelter will put the dog down after 4 days or so) or if they look for her family and go to the same sites I have posted her on. This is getting hopeless. I'm in New Mexico and can't get home till Saturday at the earliest (if the kids can do the drive straight). I will post up signs and knock on doors, but I honestly think some kid has found her and the parents let him/her keep Dandy. Dandy is such a great dog who wouldn't want to keep her! She is fun, loving, house trained, lease trained, loves kids, playing ball and is just the perfect dog. I am just kicking myself for not bringing her with us, although I know it really wasn't possible. I am just hoping someone will take her to a shelter or try and find us, but with all the websites out there who knows if we will post/look at the same sights. We just need Dandy back. I honestly don't want to go home, open my door and not have Dandy dash outside running like a crazy dog because she is so excited to see us. That is what I was looking forward to the most is seeing my dog again. We have Apollo and we love him, but Dandy was my girl. All during Andrew's pregnancy she would lay by me and stayed with me as if she could help me. She would spend her days following me around and hanging out with me. She is a true friend and I can't imagine going home and seeing her bed, leash, bowl, and not her. Sorry about the sad post, but that's just what we are right now.
4 comments:
Oh that just makes me so sad!!! I can't believe how long she has been gone :( I do however hope I get to see you when you get home but I'm not sure I will...I leave really early sunday morning so unless I see you on Saturday we'll have to wait one more month to reunite! I can't wait to see the kids though...they make me laugh so hard...and reading the post about their photoshoot...and the "I died" conversation....oh my gosh...how cute are they! I love you guys and miss you so much!
What color was Dandy's new collar? I saw a black lab out walking around by the church on the 4th of July but your post said she wasn't missing until the 5th. I'm so sorry she is missing--hopefully she'll turn up! We'll keep our eyes open.
Why don't you make some flyers and email them to Mckinley, I will have her go around your neighborhood and pass them out. If you have not done anything like that yet, let me know, I know Mckinley would do whatever she could to help!
Katie I am home Friday night and would like to help in some way. call me!
Post a Comment