I am so happy!
I am ecstatic!
I am just jumping out of my skin excited!
DANDY IS HOME!!!
Yes!!
So here is the story.
July 4th Dandy gets spooked by the fireworks and digs out of our yard. Kimberly (the gal who is staying at the house and watching the dogs) comes home around 10-11pm and sees Apollo in the front yard, but no Dandy. We get the call Saturday that she was missing. I misunderstood when Chris told me she was missing and thought she had just been gone for the day (Saturday) so I wasn't too worried thinking she would come back or one of our wonderful neighbors or friends would recognize her and just put her in the yard for us. Anyways - it turns out a guy found her about 10 blocks from our house and thought it would be fun to take her for a ride...so he took her for a ride up to his mom's house in Lindon. She was out of town so he just left Dandy in the yard (front or back I'm not sure). When his mom came home she had no idea who this dog was. Dandy would not leave her yard so she started to ask around. One of her neighbors told her she thought her son had brought the dog and left it. After a confirming phone call the lady set out to find the real owners. She called the animal shelter in Spanish Fork and I had left tons of messages so the shelter called me and told me to give this lady a call. Well I was just a basket case so I called Chris at work and asked him to call her. He called me back and told me it was a good chance it was Dandy. She said the lady described the dog as all black, white on the chest, blue slip collar, scratches all the time, and barks if you leave her outside too long. I knew it was her! That was Dandy to a T! I was so excited! Now we just needed to get someone over there to make sure it was her. My amazing mother-in-law and sister-in-law Megan went over there for us and said they knew it was her as soon as they saw her. Dandy came bounding out and just pretty much attacked them with love.
So now I can't wait to get home and open my front door and have my girl Dandy run out and go crazy with excitement because we are home! I never want to do this again....losing a dog is awful!!!
A few tips:
1. PUT YOUR DOG INSIDE ON THE 4TH OF JULY!!!! FIREWORKS MAKE THEM GO CRAZY!!!
2. Make sure you have up to date tags, and that they are on the collar, with a good phone number
3. Take a good picture of your dog and just keep it on hand
So thank you for everyone who kept looking for Dandy and kept us in your prayers and thoughts! We know that is what helped to bring our Dandy home!
8 comments:
What a relief!!!!!
I'm SO glad she's back safe and sound! I can't imagine how you could stand life at your house without Dandy. Phew!
Neener neener....first to comment!
Yeah! I am so excited she is back!
That is awesome! What a weird guy, I'm glad his mom was more responsible.
Hooray!!! I am so excited. Dan and I have been talking about her like every night.
Hooray! I am so glad you found her, I was so worried for you guys because I knew you were probably going crazy being so far away! Now you will have a great homecoming, and we can't wait to see you guys too:)
Oh man I'm SO glad that you found Dandy!
yay! dogs always end up being members of the fam, huh?
Post a Comment