Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Aquarium

The next day we decided to take Grandma and Grandpa and entourage to the aquarium at the Biopark. It was great because at the very beginning they had "native New Mexican" fish in their "natural habitat". This consisted of two or three aquariums filled with cutthroat trout swimming through old beer bottles and other trash. I kid you not. It was the most realistic reproduction of a fish habitat that I've ever seen... Nathan was sad because there were no lifeguards at the aquarium.
Ben was happy, because we let him throw things into water.
Ten bucks if you can see what's wrong with this picture.

Ben got his first real close up with a fish.
Grandpa points out that some fish come equipped with a little razor blade to slize your skin open while Nathan prays for deliverance.
Sting rays are always cool..... unless of course you hunt crocodiles...



Ben and Kallie standing by some of the grossest water I have ever seen.... anywhere.
It made the perfect backdrop for a family shot.
As well as a renewal of our vows.


Okay, at the aquarium we encountered THE creepiest fish I have ever seen by far. I call it the Quasi Moto fish, and the entire time we watched it was trying to swim through a plexiglass divider to eat all the beautiful fish that laugh at it.

As you can tell from the expressions, by the time we got to the end the excitement level was along of the of, "Oh, look, another fish."
So we then went to see a movie and go miniature golfing, but our camera ran out of battery so all of those shots are on Grandma's camera.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Your blog always makes me laugh! We will have to come visit you next summer when you are in New Mexico and check out this aquarium! Congratulations on Kallie wearing panties! That is a big deal, although I am not convinced that the potty is easier than diapers. Ella has to go to the bathroom like 20 times a day, and even though she can do it on her own, she wants to make sure I am around, so we spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Anyway I think we will be in Utah in September, but I don't know when, I will ask Mike and let you know.