Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ava's Blessing

The real reason we headed to Cali so early was for this cute little girl...

Little Ava Leigh had her baby blessing the Sunday before Thanksgiving and we really didn't want to miss it. I know you are asking yourself, "why does she have a picture of Ava Leigh on a table at Chuck E Cheese, instead of a picture in her amazing blessing dress?" Well, that answer is simple...I didn't get a picture of her in her dress!!! (Shelley just posted some on her blog www.jacobandshelleyingram.blogspot.com so go there to see the cutest little baby!) By the time we were done chatting after church, and arrived to the after blessing get together, Ava Leigh was done, and out of her dress. But, we did get pictures of lesser important things....Case in point, our athletic challenge between us old and out of shape (well at least one of us) siblings.

Benjamin starting this whole thing out so innocently...playing on a playground as all kids do....
Ethan, giving it a go...


Chris trying to show off by how many pull ups he could do...this is one...





And this is less than one second later....


Christopher knows better then to try a pull up...instead he shows off his amazing slide climbing skills! No one can beat him at climbing slides!


Here I am doing my best to cross the monkey bars. Well...I pretty much just hung there and looked cute. Do you remember how much your hands hurt after doing the monkey bars! OUCH!
Ligaya actually made it all the way across! (I actually am not too sure about that, but I just love her face in this picture!) So all said and done...Chris and Ligaya take the cake as winners... Christopher and I just went and had a slice of cake after all that hard work!
We enjoyed a yummy lunch...and even yummier ice cream cones!

Auntie Shelley knows how to make one little girl VERY happy!



3 comments:

amelia said...

Katie, your kids are TOO CUTE. Looks like you guys had a fun California trip!

B said...

You guys do so much stuff, you are amazing! Cute kids!!!

Meg and Terr said...

Oh my gosh...Ava is a little chunk! but she is so cute :) Did you guys have all your siblings together for Thanksgiving? Or were there just a few of you?