Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fun at Church

A couple of Sundays ago I had to go to church early to practice with the choir before the meeting started. Both Ben and Kallie decided it would be fun to go with me and promised that they would sit very quietly and not goof around or cause any trouble while I was practicing. Not only did Ben do that, he also critiqued the choir. While Kallie flirted with the always jovial Bro. Stokes, Ben would give me a big thumbs up while smiling and nodding his head every time I glanced down to check on them.

Later, after the meeting had started, Kallie leaned over to me and said something very softly. I said, "what?" She repeated her statement. "WHAT?" I said. A third time she calmly told me something very seriously. "KALLIE, speak up! I can hardly hear you!" I said, in a little-too-loud-for-church voice. "At church we talk very softly! That's what I said!" she shot back in a little-louder-than-I-was voice.

No comments: