I was scheduled to attend a conference in Virginia during our time here in New Mexico. So Chris and Ligaya graciously invited Katie and the kids to come visit them while I was at the conference. We planned to go out the weekend before the conference to spend some time with them as a family and got an extra special surprise to find that Nini would also be there that weekend!
Needless to say that getting out the door to go to Virginia went smoother than getting to New Mexico. I dropped Katie and the kids off at the airport and went to park the car in long term parking. Apparently the airport decided that not enough people were using long term parking because it was completely shut down and short term was $20/day. I found a commercial airport parking lot and made it through security without finding Katie and the kids. They didn't get far however... even though Katie is an accomplished multi-tasker the limit to her abilities is somewhere around getting three kids, a double stroller, an infant car seat, and 5 carry-ons through a revolving door on her own. To be honest I was surprised she got through security!



We landed about 10 pm in Baltimore with a little over an hour drive ahead of us, so we figured it was a smart idea to have Katie and the kids scan the baggage claim for our suitcases while I ran to get the rental car. Unfortunately, we're never as smart as we think we are. As soon as the rental car shuttle takes off a recording informs me that the rental car facility is 10 minutes down the freeway. That wasn't too bad. What really made me regret that decision was the fact that the only company there that had a line was the one we rented from.... and once again everybody ahead of me in line either was a complete idiot or had some kind of special need. By the time I got my car and made it back to the airport a kind couple had become convinced that I had abandoned the family and they were waiting to help Katie out with whatever action she wanted to take next (I'm not exaggerating, they actually brought the subject up with her).
After a stop at McDonald's and a gas station we finally made it to Purcellville where we promptly blew a few breakers in Chris's basement so that he would get up and say hi to us.

The next day we got to go see Ethan's baseball game. It was awesome, Ethan had a big hit and not only did his team win, but he got the game ball! We even got some rain on the back end of the game.
5 comments:
G has been asking about 3 times a week when you guys are getting back. He told me the other day, "They are taking FOREVER in New Mexico!"
Briahna - why is G so cute! Tell him we miss him and we will be back in 2 sundays! Can you believe it's gone by so fast! Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!
I'm glad you guys finally got around to updating your blog! I've been wondering what you were up to. Glad you've been enjoying your stay in New Mexico
dude! that was a long post!! but worth the read....especially that funny older couple....that would freak me out. seriously. k-your fam is darling as ever!!
That was an awesome cake by the way. I don't believe that it was an "eat as much as you want cake" like Mom said, but it certainly was better than the old school way!
Post a Comment