So Ben gets to go with Grandma and Papa on a big trip to Arizona this weekend, even though he'll tell you it's to Alaska. I had to drive him up to their house tonight so that they could take off bright and early in the morning and I decided I would take him on a little Daddy date to Carl's Jr. on the way up. When I told him he reminisced about last weekend when his Grandpa took him to McDonald's for lunch. His words exactly: "Wow, McDonald's for lunch and now Carl's Jr. for dinner?! THIS IS THE BEST LIFE EVER!"
Andrew went with us and was VERY upset to leave Papa and Grandma's house to say the least. I was pulling the boat back down to Provo and he was screaming his lungs out. I thought I was going to go crazy. When he finally paused to take a breath I ventured to either exacerbate the situation or resolve it. I said, "Andrew did you see the boat behind the car?" Silence, I had his attention. "Did you know that I have Papa's boat behind our car?" He starts trying to look over his shoulder in his carseat. "Do you want to go out on Papa's boat?" "Yeeaaaaahhhhhh," he says very cautiously. "Okay, we'll go out on the boat this Saturday." "Okay." He was happy the whole rest of the ride home.
In other news, I'm old. I was talking to Katie about something the other day and I believe she was mocking me for my thinning hair. Kallie decided to join in. "You're old Dad!" Thanks Kallie. Then just to sugar coat it she added, "you're fat too." Ahhhhhh, the honesty of children...
No comments:
Post a Comment