Before I start this post let me just put something out there. You might have noticed that we never spell the shortened version of Zachary the same way. That’s because we don’t know how we want to spell it yet! You would think at almost 2 months old we would know…but we don’t. So you might see it spelled “Zach” or “Zack” or “Zac”. We are just trying it out. As soon as we know…we’ll let you know. If any of you have opinions we would love to hear it! I like it spelled with a “k”, but can you do that if you spell the long name with an “h”? Can you even spell it with just a “c”? We don’t know and are still debating. Hopefully we figure it out before we have to teach him how to spell it!
We decided sense we were moving we wanted to bless Zachary with the whole big family before we left. That left us with a very short window in which to bless him (this was before we knew we weren’t moving on the 17th). So before he was born we set it up to have his blessing when he was two weeks old. My parents bought their tickets and other family made plans to be in Utah on the 11th. It was the perfect plan!
Little did we know this little man would decide to spend 11 days in the NICU! That changed all our plans. He came home from the hospital late Thursday night and we were going to bless him two days later. When we left the NICU they gave us instructions to keep him in and not to have too many people around him. So our big family get together was cancelled for a smaller, more intimate blessing. I kind of feel like Zack got jipped on a big get together to celebrate his birth – but what can you do? So it was our little family and our parents. No aunts, uncles, cousins, friends. Christopher did a beautiful job on his blessing and you could tell how much this little guy was loved. Here are some pictures from that day!
My amazing sister in law Amy is a photographer and came and took these pictures for me the day before we moved. Aren’t they amazing! I’ll post more from the photo shoot on a different post. His blessing outfit was very special. Christopher’s mom made it just for him and it turned out amazing! She is incredible! In all the crazy I never got a picture of her holding Zack in his blessing outfit! Kicking myself! We have a white blanket we have used for every baby blessing that one of Christopher’s aunts made for us…but it accidently got packed. Oops!
Chris had plenty of help getting Zachary dressed in his blessing outfit. These kids just love this baby!
The four amazing men who were part of his blessing.
We have yet to master getting all of us to look in on direction and smile. Here is the best attempt.
Wondering about Ben in his scout uniform? Well I told him to go and get dressed in church clothes…but all his were packed. I told him to go and find a collar shirt then and this is the only one he had in his closet. I really wasn’t going to fit him on this one. He will love to look back and see this
I still can’t believe we have four kids! CRAZY!
2 comments:
Oh if I had known you were still doing it here in Utah we would have come... only if you wanted us too. He is darling!!! He looks a lot like Andrew to me. You should do a comparison of side by sides for all of us. PS Andrew is really starting to look different to me now. I wonder why.
As for the spelling that is a tough one... there are so many options and so many ways. I think you could totally spell it like Zack because how many names add an extra letter for phonetical or proper reasons. Do what ever you want I am sure when he grows up he will like either way.
I can't believe how old Andrew seems in this picture! He isn't the baby anymore.
You can spell Zack any way you want, don't sweat it too much. I mean, think of all the nicknames that have weird elements not entirely from the original name. Jack and James, Bob and Robert, William and Bill. Seriously--people have been taking liberties with nicknames for a long time.
Post a Comment