Well, I’ll try to make this quick. To say I was a little behind on blogging would be the understatement of the year. I’ve decided to pretty much just work on our blog books and post all the pictures and stories in there. I think there might be a few people who still look at our blog so I thought I would post quick update on what we have been doing.
Andrew turned four in April. He decided the day of his birthday to completely change his theme from Spiderman to Army man after a call from his uncle Mike who is in the Army….so we spent a good part of our morning exchanging things for army themed things. His favorite part of his birthday? Baking his OWN birthday cake! He did EVERYTHING! Well, almost everything. At the end you had to add hot water so I did that part…but I didn’t look close enough and added one cup of water..instead of half cup of water. So he got to make two birthday cakes that day!
He also really really liked when we put on army paint and army hats and ambushed Ben and Kallie with water balloons from off the balcony when they got home from school. that resulted in a very fun water balloon and water gun fight. He asks all the time if we can bomb them again….
We head back to Utah for Christopher’s graduation. It was so fun to go home and see our dearly missed friends and family. His graduation was amazing and really special for us. He loved seeing all the people he worked with for so long again. It was hard to leave for the last time.
Our trip was a whirlwind. Christopher’s graduation started at 8am. We left BYU at 2pm for a birthday party for Andrew and Caden at Chuck E Cheese that started a 2pm. We were a little late
Completely impossible to get these two birthday boys to look and smile at the same time!
KAFB had a “bring your kids to work day”. After our visit I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the last time they have one! The kids had so much fun seeing where Christopher works, getting their names laser cut on a card, playing games on the biggest TV I’ve ever seen and having hallway chair races. Andrew’s favorite part was the visitor's badge he had to wear. Chris’s badge actually opened doors and things so Andrew thought his did too. He has been begging me to put a badge lock on his bedroom door that he can open with a card. I love this kid!
Since making his own birthday cake Andrew helps me in the kitchen everyday! His favorite is making chocolate chip cookies for movie night and scooping them up. He is really good at it too.
Kallie went on a field trip to the Bio Park. I wasn’t allowed to go since I didn’t have my fingerprints turned in. It worked out ok since Ben stayed home that day sick. she had a blast and loved wearing her sunglasses to school!
We have a park not too far from our house and we walk there often. The kids love to head over since their grass is goat head free!
Zack continues to be absolutely amazing and has now topped himself by sleeping through the night almost every night! (No, he sleeps in a crib not on his play mat)
Chris gets every other Friday off. We decided to take the little boys to the zoo one day. It was so fun….and wore the boys out so much they took a nap and went to bed early that night! I bought a year long pass
We get creative and make a homemade water slide….
Zack loves his jumper! I can’t believe he is big enough all ready to jump!
Library days are really quiet in our house….
I’ve met some really great people here. We met up with a new friend and her kids and explored the aquarium and gardens. Had a little fun adventure getting there too. Love driving into the city!
Everyone knows sunglasses and a cowboy hat makes you faster on a scooter!
I know it’s a random picture…but have you ever seen a cuter bald spot!?!??!
So that’s a little of what we have been up to. This month has been crazy and fun and busy! We are getting to like New Mexico more and more. I love the crazy wind storms and thunder storms that roll in and out quickly. Today Christopher got stuck in a torrential downpour while waiting for his bus and had to ride the whole way home (about an hour) sopping wet….in his aloha Friday shirt. By the time he got home it was sunny and blue skies again. Love living in the desert!
No comments:
Post a Comment