Thursday, August 15, 2013

Eight is GREAT!

Kallie turned eight on the 3rd and was baptized!  Every birthday in our home starts out the same way…DONUTS!  (Don’t let Zack’s face fool you…he was mad because he couldn’t get on the table right then…not because we were doing donuts)

IMG_0276

It was so fun to have so many cousins to do donuts with us this year!  It’s truly impossible to take a good picture of kids trying to get a bite out of a donut using no hands.  They just move too much!

IMG_0279IMG_0285IMG_0287IMG_0288IMG_0290IMG_0294

Best picture of Aubrey!

IMG_0295IMG_0298IMG_0300

After we bathed the kids and got all the sticky stuff off of them we headed over to the church for Kallie’s big day.  She was so excited.  We were able to run into my family when we arrived at the church.  We were a little late so I missed taking my usual 1000 pictures….but if any of you readers out there have pictures please send them to me!  These are all I have!  Joy….

IMG_0302

I think this picture of Christopher and Kallie walking down the hall is so precious.

IMG_0303

Kallie and Christopher in front of the font.  Thank goodness someone reminded me to take this one!  How sweet is this father/daughter duo!?!?

IMG_0305

Before we got started I looked down the row and saw all these cute cousins sitting together.  It was adorable until about 10 minutes before the baptism was over and Andrew and his two cousins (all three born within four days of each other) decided they were done and started miss-behaving.  Of course Mr. Andrew was ring leader.  At one point he and Hunter took off and I met up with them on their was out of the church.  I tried to get them to come back in and be reverent by reminding them why we were here.  When that didn’t work I offered first pick on the cupcakes.  Andrew looks at me and in dead seriousness says, “mom, I don’t want cupcakes, I want cold-hard CASH!”  I had no idea how to respond to that so I just went back inside.  Thankfully they followed.  At the end of the baptism my dad (who always has change to give to Andrew) cleaned out his pockets and handed over some coins.  Andrew looked at me like he had just won.  I couldn’t help but laugh.

IMG_0307

I have no idea who took Kallie home from the baptism, but while I was looking for her I snapped a few of the guys who gave Chase a blessing.  I would have loved a picture like that with all Kallie’s grandparents, uncles, aunts….you get the picture (haha)

IMG_0310

Kallie was so excited that Chase was going to be blessed at the same time as her baptism.  This is the first baby blessing I’ve been to for my brother Chris.  He lives in Virginia so it’s not a close drive.  Joy and Ahma drove up to be with us too!

IMG_1572IMG_1573

Ligaya’s family who live close came too!  Love our Pilipino (Li – did I spell that right?) side Winking smile

IMG_1576

Ligaya made him the cutest outfit for his blessing.  I love how it matches the bucket perfectly!

IMG_1584

Here’s Kallie’s adorable invite.  Thank you AMY!

imgsvr[1]

Since Kallie was baptized on her actual birthday we decided to throw her birthday party after the baptism and have everyone up for lunch and to swim.  Her theme was under the sea.  My mother-in-law is one amazing party thrower!

IMG_0311IMG_0312

Some of the party food.  Megan….any other pictures you have to share?!?

IMG_0313

Dad, Ligaya, and Chase

IMG_0314

Mom, Kennedy, and Megan

IMG_0316

Andrew eating a cookie on a stick.  The bouncy house in back was really fun! 

IMG_0321

Chris, Chase, Dad getting photo bombed by Donna

IMG_0323

Mimi, Mom, Mike and Christopher

IMG_0324

The girls chatting…when my mom wasn’t losing Zack while babysitting (a story for another day)

IMG_0325

Swimmers!

IMG_0327IMG_0332

Zack loving his pudding cup!

IMG_0342

Kallie starting her treasure hunt.  This is seriously the first time I’d seen her since the party started.  She was off with friends/family having tons of fun.  Come to think of it I really only ever saw Zack!

IMG_0343

Our awesome friends the B’s came! 

IMG_0344

Kallie opening up treasure box gifts

IMG_0348

The amazing quilt Grandma made for Kallie that I may or may not have borrowed to hang in my hallway.  Stunning isn’t it?!?!

IMG_0349

Kallie’s birthday went by so quickly for me!  It was all just a blur!  Kallie had such a great day and I loved seeing so many people who loved her come to support her.  I’m so grateful we were able to have so many friends and family come.  I love this sweet, happy, spiritual, always trying to do right little girl of mine!

No comments: