I love Valentine’s Day. All the pink, red, love, hearts, flowers….it’s such a great day! It’s a day that almost kills Andrew. This morning we made the kids pink heart pancakes and he refused to eat them. Why? Because if he ate a pink pancake he might turn into a girl. That kid.
So Andrew ate the one pancake we made before dying them pink. He ate that one pancake with bacon and lots and lots and lots of whipped cream.
The kids had no idea what the day held for them. After breakfast we kidnapped them and headed to our “secret location”, via the Harley Davidson store…of course. You know those promotion mailers you get in the mail where you can scratch off the things and win a prize? Andrew thinks those are his and always plays them…and always WINS! (I think everyone wins…..) Anyway, he has been begging everyday for two weeks to go and get his prize. He was convinced he was going to win the iPad Mini.
The money man that he is didn’t complain when he was the proud winner of two $1.00 very shiny coins.
Then we headed off to our surprise destination.
The kids were so excited! They couldn’t believe we were going on the tram! Ben was a little nervous since he’s afraid of heights…but he did amazing! He even looked out the window a few times!
We went up and down on the “blue” tram..
I love this picture of Kallie! She was just so excited to be going up so high! It actually feels like you are going faster than you are.
Our one and only family shot the whole day.
The views while we traveled up were stunning. You have no idea how incredibly high you are until the guide is telling you that little rock formation is actually seven stories high.
Up at the top it was really cold and windy. We walked around and had planned on going hiking, but it was too cold for the kids…and tennis shoes don’t do well in snow. We still walked all around and even went down to the closed ski slopes. They closed early this year due to lack of snow….Chris and Ligaya, Mike and Brittany I bet your just rolling your eyes!
I couldn’t decide which picture was more adorable…so I posted both
I love this picture of Zack. We had a backpack carrier for him that he thought was cool for about 3.2 seconds. He walked around for a while then wanted to be held again. Chris put him in the pack and he just gave him the dirtiest look. He was totally worn out at this point so we decided to head back down.
The sunset was incredible!
The kids getting their souvenir penny. While we were waiting for each of them to get their pennies people started arriving for dinner at the top (they have a restaurant up at the top where we were walking around). I was just starring at some of the girls who showed up in beautiful, strappy, super high heels and barley there outfits with no jackets. I was trying to decide if I should warn them or not about the freezing wind and wood planked slotted deck that their heels would drop right through. Zack saved me from thinking about it too long when he discovered balls in the gift shop….behind the glass hand bells.
We had big plans to stop and take a picture by the temple…but Zack had other plans.
When we got home the kids were so beat we turned a movie on while Chris and I made dinner. We had all these fun activities planned, but they pooped out. I don’t mind making Valentine’s Day last a little longer! Stay tuned for part two!
1 comment:
How fun!!!
Post a Comment