Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sleep Talking

There's lots of things that have changed for us over the last month or two, but one of them is strange indeed. We're not sure if it's related to schedule, diet, or paranormal activity but the kids have been talking as much in their sleep as they have awake.

Now, we can honestly attest that there is never a peaceful moment.

It's not exactly out of the blue. The kids have always been caught mumbling things in their sleep. However, a new level was reached the other night when I could swear that Ben and Kallie had a short conversation in their sleep from their different rooms. It went something like this:

Ben: No! That's not the next one! Just let it play! Don't touch it!

Kallie: Why do you always get to choose! We're watching the iPad too! Ugh!

I should add that the conversations have alerted Katie and me to the fact that in the transition we may have allowed the kids to watch more TV via the internet than we usually do. ALL the sleep-talking centers around watching a TV show or Studio C skit. Except for Zack's.

Zack's comments normally fall along the lines of: I AM NOT LITTLE! I AM NOT A BABY! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!

He's the shortest person I know with a Napoleon complex. I'll let that sink in...

Andrew's comments tend to be giggling along with, "He was stupid," or, "that was dumb," or, "I'm pretty sure they just farted."

Kallie wins for longest outburst. She went off for a good 90 seconds just last night. Katie and I are also pretty sure she sleep-walked into our room the other night. She was just coherent enough to make it questionable however.

Combine all this with the "strange man" Ben keeps seeing in his room and Ohio can be downright spooky. Ben even dragged me outside barefoot in the rain to "see the man in his room that isn't there when [he is] in the room."

It was clearly a blanket laying off the side of the bed. So I told him to stay outside while I went into his room to see. I didn't turn the light on but I made sure to wave at him and move the blanket. Then I went down the stairs as he was coming up.

"Where were you?" I asked. "What? I saw you in the bedroom from outside," he said.

"Nope. I was using the bathroom. I just barely walked into your room and you weren't outside anymore."

He got this really wide-eyed scared look. That'll teach him to bug me about ghosts.

No comments: