Friday, June 15, 2018

Sports Day! aka Field Day

We are still getting used to the different events they have here in England.  When I got the email regarding sports day (you don’t get notes home…you get lots and lots of emails) I just put it off.  I didn’t realize this was such a big deal!

My kids all belong to Golding House…the yellow team.  There are three other houses Fawcett (green), Constable (blue), and Herbert (red).  The yellow team kicked some serious booty!  The took home the house cup and everyone got medals.  It was such a fun day and I had a blast cheering them on!  The best part is all the kids completely crashed after school Winking smile

IMG_5966IMG_5968IMG_5974IMG_5984IMG_5989IMG_5992

The first two hours were swimming competitions.  They did several lap races, then game races, and finally team races.  That the end of all that Golding and Herbert were tied…so they had to do a tie breaker rely.  Ben swam as the third swimmer in the relay….and Golding for the photo finish win!

IMG_5993

After lunch it was time for field games.  The biggest event was the tug of wars between houses.  No surprise Golding for the win again!

DSC_0199DSC_0202DSC_0204DSC_0205DSC_0207DSC_0209DSC_0210DSC_0214 (2)

Then it was relays.  We didn’t sweep this…but I love the action shots of Andrew.  That kid gave it his whole heart!

DSC_0219DSC_0220DSC_0221DSC_0222DSC_0223DSC_0225DSC_0229DSC_0230DSC_0235

The headmaster, Mr. Leake and Mrs. Pearce getting ready to award the cup and plaque to the house captain.  Then all the golding kids lined up for a handshake and medal.  It was so fun!

DSC_0236DSC_0245DSC_0250DSC_0257DSC_0265DSC_0268 (2)DSC_0271DSC_0283

And can I just say how much I love this amazing group of year 9s.  Ben is so lucky to have such great guys to hang out with.  They are such a fantastic group of young men!

DSC_0274DSC_0279

No comments: