Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Aloha State

To say we are excited to be in Hawaii is the understatement of the century!  I’m so excited to have a real sized mini van again.  The truck is HUGE!!!  Look at Andrew standing in it!

IMG_6433

We arrived pretty late at night so we did one night in a hotel right next to the airport.  Then we got up, went to walmart (of course) had Mc. D’s for breakfast, did a Costco run, another walmart run and we were off to the resort! 

IMG_6435IMG_6441

These fish are so well trained…you drop a bit of water into the water and they all come swimming over.  Z thought that was amazing.

IMG_6437IMG_6439IMG_6442

Just hanging pool side with my teenage who wants to get a good base tan (insert eyeroll here)

IMG_6444IMG_6445IMG_6446IMG_6474IMG_6477IMG_6478

Chris and I could only convince Z to go down to the beach.  The other kids said they could see it from their chair.  I think they are still pretty exhausted from the travel!

IMG_6480IMG_6482IMG_6483IMG_6485ZIMG_6490

Zack has a small cut on his foot.  He doesn’t want a shark to come for him.  We had a little chat and now all is well.

IMG_6493IMG_6499

The view from our room. 

IMG_6500IMG_6501

This bag is incredibly heavy.  Look at these two siblings helping each other out!  My kids are awesome.

IMG_6503

My view for most of the day….

IMG_6505

Ben and Kal went up to the room, got showered, put on real clothes and came down to the pool to read.  They kill me.

IMG_6506

This boy is a fish.  He told me he didn’t want to swim the whole time he was in Hawaii.  That lasted…only until he saw the pool

IMG_6510

Hats are a thing apparently……

IMG_6518

This kid.  As soon as we showed him our spot he was gone.  He’d pop up every now and again for a snack..but I pretty much didn’t see him all day.  He found other kids and off he went!

IMG_6519IMG_6520IMG_6522

Ben has been dying for two things….Panda Express and Dairy Queen.  We checked one off tonight!

IMG_6526IMG_6529

These two have been so cute with each other!  We need to travel to Hawaii more often!

IMG_6531

Rainbow on the way to dinner.

RWQV1317

I think he had a good day.  We got home from dinner and as we was waiting to pray he sat in the pool tubes and fell asleep right away.  These are moments that make a mom so happy.

IMG_6533

(And the one good thing about going backward is you get up at 3am and have time to blog for three hours.  It is 2pm to me…so I felt like I got great sleep when I went to bed at 9pm last night.)

No comments: