Monday, August 14, 2023

My First Accident (Aug 10, 2023)

It was bound to happen sometime. I'm 42 and have never been in a car accident. Which also means I had no idea what to do when I was hit from behind leaving the high school parking lot. Do I call the police? Do I take pictures of their information? Do I call my insurance? I had no idea! Thankfully the school cop was nearby and the passengers of the other car ran and got him for us.

Quick story, I was leaving the parking lot, stopped at the stop sign to make sure it was clear to make a right turn, got hit from behind by a senior and her 4 friends. The cosmetic damage is minimal, but now my back up sensors don't work. 

Her mom wants to try to fix things without insurance. We've had two quotes so far. Still waiting on one, but the first one was 2066.??. Maybe we will have to include insurance! The poor girl though - first week of school, first car, first accident. It was a rough day for them - and all they wanted to do was just get some chick-fil-a after school! But on the brighter side, the cop didn't give her a ticket like he should have. He told her she was following too closely...but would let her off with a warning. Nice cop!




 

No comments: