Sunday, October 29, 2023

FIRE!

 Yep, we had another one. This one wasn't as scary (or maybe it was but I didn't see the flames so it wasn't so bad for me!) Andrew sold his 150 motorcycle to Uncle Chris. On Saturday Chris, Ligaya, and Chase came down to pick it up and hang out for a bit. While we were hanging out inside, Andrew and boys were outside. Suddenly we hear the fire alarm in the garage going off. I don't get up, Christopher doesn't get up, and Chris and Ligaya are clearly confused why we aren't freaking out. Andrew is a smart kid. I trust him. I knew if it was anything serious he would come get us.

Well, it was serious, and he would've gotten us, but he was busy putting out the flames. Zack was able to grab the fire extinguisher (thankful for those - we need to add more to our household) and sprayed the table until it stopped on fire. By this time Christopher had joined the fun, but the boys had it handled.

Long story short - Andrew was heating up a part he thought he had cleaned all the oil and grease off of it. He missed some. His work table was messy - had gas rags and a few oil things - one thing after another - we had a fire. They carried the table out of the garage so our house didn't start on fire and all was well. Bonus - I got my whole garage cleaned out :)



No comments: