Saturday, August 15, 2026

Erickson/Owen Reunion!

Our England friends, Kat and Gwyddon Owen, were in town to pick up their son Bryce, who had been here doing a summer program. Naturally, I had to see them.

Did I drive two hours each way to spend about an hour and a half with them? Yes.
Did traffic make me late to a youth event afterward? Also yes. 😂
Would I do anything differently? Besides leave earlier? Absolutely not.

I LOVE the Owens. ❤️

It had been six years since we’d seen them, and somehow we just jumped right back in like no time had passed. That’s one of my favorite things about the people you meet during certain seasons of life — even when years go by, the friendship is still right there waiting for you.

They had only met Nick a few times before they left England for Hawaii, and they had never even met Xander. Zack and Ellie were just little squishy first graders when we lived there! Now look at them. 🥹

We spent our time catching up on life now, laughing about the past, and reliving some of our epic adventures from our England days. And man, what a fun time that was. I miss it. I miss the adventures, the memories, the people, and especially the friendships that came from that chapter of our lives.

We were so sad Christopher was traveling and couldn’t be there, which meant we couldn’t get all nine of our kids together. That would have been pretty epic after all these years. But… life. Kids grow up, schedules get crazy, people travel, and sometimes you just have to take the hour and a half you can get and be grateful for it. ❤️

So yes, four hours of driving for 90 minutes together might sound slightly ridiculous… but when it’s the Owens, it’s 100% worth it. Some people are worth the drive, the traffic, the rushed schedule, and even being late. 😂❤️

(We were so busy talking and hanging out I totally forgot about pictures till we had to leave. Gwyddon tried really hard....but he's a computer guy...enough said😜)


And a few throwbacks for fun-zies...

 





No comments: