Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Welcome to Walmart!

I know, I know, I haven't gotten around to doing the Christmas and holiday pictures yet... but in the meantime you might enjoy this little anecdote about the kids.

So the other day K was driving down the road when the kids rudely awakened her to the sad realization that our economic situation is not quite what she enjoyed as a fashionable (read single) young lady. As she was passing a rather large structure, the kids began to ask her what it was and then inquire as to why it was there. That was the moment in which she realized her kids did not know what a mall is! Want to know what our kids are familiar with?

Let's just say the phrase "Welcome to Walmart" is more than just a catchy slogan at our house. K says let's go to the store and the kids immediately start up like broken record players: "Welcome to Walmart! Welcome to Walmart! Welcome to Walmart!" In the car on the way there they sit waving to each other like old should-be-retired people "Welcome to Walmart! Welcome to Walmart!" As she walks toward the store the bunch to the front of the cart to greet the "greeter": "Welcome to Walmart! Welcome to Walmart!" After welcoming and being welcomed by the greeter to Walmart they finally settle down and beg K to buy them a treat.

Let's just say that sometimes when I come home the kids are sitting at the front door waving at me saying, "Welcome to Walmart! Welcome to Walmart!"

The other day I took them on some errands by myself. As we pulled up to Bed, Bath, and Beyond B asked me, "Is this the mall?"

4 comments:

Lisa C said...

Ha. To James Wal-Mart means a cookie from the free cookie samples they always have in the bakery, a sticker from the greeter, and getting to slide my credit card. Your kids are so funny!

R+M said...

I love walmart! It is the only place we get groceries!! Britt told me you guys were on here, I am so excited you guys are both due so close to one another! They'll probably be best friends! I love your cute kids!!

Krista said...

Okay! This is sad! NeNe has grandkids that do NOT know what the mall is?!?!? Does she know this!?!?! ;) I love my Buddha and Drama Queen!

Chris said...

OK, now I know what to get your kids for Christmas. What size should I buy the "Blue Vests" in? I want them to have some room to grow into them as they progress their careers as greeters.