Sunday, May 11, 2008

We love our Moms

So a friend of mine paid tribute to her mom and other moms she loves in a blog and I thought it was such a great idea. We are so blessed to have such amazing moms. With these three women in your corner you just can't go wrong.





My mom has taught me so much in my life. She has always been there to support and defend me. Now, after having three kids of my own, I am in awe of how she did it all. She was always there at everything that was important to all five of us kids, worked outside and inside the home, held church callings, and was always helping others along the way. She would always bend over backwards to make us feel as if we were the only one. Now that I can watch my mom as a Grandmother I see that she is doing the same type of things with her grandkids. They all feel as if they are the only one. That is one amazing talent. I love that my mom is not just my mom anymore, she is my best friend. I love her and admire all that she has done and is doing now.



We have had the blessing of living close to Chris's parents for the last 2 1/2 years. I have grown into a better person because of the influence of my mother-in-law. She has taught me so many things. She is always running and she never stops serving others. She makes her family the top priority. She will come down to my home and do special dates with my kids, and help me in any way possible. She has made me feel apart of the family from day one and goes the extra mile to make sure I feel comfortable and am taken care of. I love her for welcoming me with open arms and always treating me as one of her own daughters. She is one of the kindest, thoughtful, loving, generous, forgiving, selfless, Christ like people I know.


Last, but by no means least, is my grandmother "Ahma". My grandparents have played a huge role in my life. I was lucky enough to live close to them while I was growing up. There is no replacement for the love and guidance I got from Ahma during those many hours I spent at her house. I don't know many kids who would call their grandparents friends, but I always did. You could always count on Ahma no matter what. I remember not wanting to be at school, so I would call and Ahma would always come to get me - normally in her slippers with her dogs tagging along in the car. She would never question why, just brought me to her house and we would spend the day together. As I got older and could just drive myself over to her house and miss school she would always plead the 5th when asked by my mom if I had missed school. I loved going over to Ahma's house and would spend countless hours over there. I didn't spend countless hours at her house because of any particular reason, just being in her presence and being close to her was enough. I always knew Ahma loved me, wanted me there, and was my best ally.

I am grateful for such wonderful examples as these three amazing women. I love them so much and respect all that they are. If I inherit even a sliver of what they are I will be one ever lucky gal.

1 comment:

R+M said...

this is so cute katie! we have good families, I'd say! both of us are very lucky!