Well, there is a lot more of October that we can talk about besides carving pumpkins! So let's do the time warp again.... (come on, you know you just sang that in your mind as you read it). This is a little post that I started doing when it was appropriate so I'll finish it. The pictures have been uploaded for over a month now waiting for text. Of course, they are a 1,000 words each...
This post represents the end of a semi-
Halloween tradition. "Semi" because we didn't do it every year even when we wanted to and it's over because the chances of us being in Utah for another October are slim at this point.
It turned out that we went to
Cornbelly's on the perfect day. The weather was supposed to be HORRIBLE and everyone knew it, but it turned out to be perfectly fine overcast fall weather. We had the place almost completely to ourselves.
We were joined this year by cousin Haley and Ben's friend who has no name because his own mother doesn't type his name on her blog but everybody who reads this post knows exactly who it is (and especially after they see the pictures).

One of the highlights of this year's trip: we won a contest. Tucked back behind Cinderella's pumpkin carriage Katie spied two guys in cowboy gear manning an empty table.
Sooooooo since we are trying to teach our children by example not to talk to strangers, Katie went up to see what they were doing. Turns out they were hosting a costume contest on account of a country radio station and the contest was in 20 minutes and no one had signed up yet. (I don't think their advertising was very good). Anyway, since we were headed to Grandma's
Halloween party right after my costume just happened to be in the car. And like that I was in my very first costume contest ever. Two more people showed up right before the contest (I'm
positive one of them came expressly for the costume contest) and suddenly I was
guaranteed at least 3rd place. Well, as it turns out, I won first place. I don't know how great my costume was but I can tell you my competition consisted of a guy wearing a ten year
old's satan costume and a woman with cereal boxes glued all over her and she was carrying a bowl and a wooden spoon. I think she was going to make
chex mix if she won...

The little girl cousins of course had a blast running all over the place together. It was fun watching them dare each other into the scary stuff.
Kallie made it through the haunted monster while Hailey chickened out and then
Kallie hung out side the 3-d house while Hailey braved it with the boys.

Of course, the best part of
Cornbelly's every year always seems to be the jumping pillows. We probably spent two thirds of our time in this area of
Cornbelly's. However, we also made it through the
hay bale tunnels, the corn mazes, the haunted hay rides, the bike-carts, and even though it was too cold for the pigs to race we got a special tour of the animals and their home by the owner. Awesome.
1 comment:
I do too have a name for him on my blog! I just don't reveal his real name because of privacy issues. Of all people, Chris, you should know of the dangers of that. Sheesh! It's a good thing the pictures are so cute or I'd come over with exlax-laced brownies for you. :-)
Post a Comment