Thursday, November 4, 2010

Let’s talk about a boy….

Not just ANY boy, but THIS boy….

PA220039

Andrew is the “funny” in our family.  He is wild, crazy, insane, faster than sound, and just plain funny.  He is in the fun “I’m two and a half and I rule the world” stage.  Any of you have that stage with your kids?  My other two when through something like that, but this is a whole new ballgame with Andrew!  Let me just tell you three quick stories about my little man.

Tonight as Chris and I were standing in the kitchen talking after dinner, Andrew runs in stark naked and yells, “MY BUTT!”  We find this odd since he had clothes on two minutes ago, but assume he is telling us his bum hurts because he has strep (yep, can you believe babies can get strep on/in their bum?!?!?  CRAZY!).  Chris looks at his bum and tells him he is ok.  Andrew giggles and yells “POTTY!” and runs off.  Chris starts to finish the story he was interrupted in and I just quietly watch Andrew to make sure he goes upstairs to use the potty.  Not so.  He runs into the family room (I can only see his little head) and is standing much to still for my comfort.  Since I can’t leave the cookies I’m making on the stove I have Chris investigate and sure enough he is going potty right there on my carpet.  When Chris figures this out he yells to stop and Andrew gets so excited and starts to giggle and laugh!  Chris is so flustered he picks him up and put him on time out…to which Andrew giggles and runs upstairs.  Chris is trying to catch him to put him back on time out but he keeps getting tangled up in the stairs and his feet!  I’m trying my hardest not to break out laughing because that will just encourage Andrew to be naughty!  Chris finally catches a belly laughing Andrew and puts him on the stair for time out.  I strike a deal that he keeps stirring the cookies and I will clean the carpet.  I finally finish cleaning the carpet and Andrew so sweetly looks up at me and says “done?”  It was adorable :)

Second story was not so adorable.  Andrew has this new obsession with my purse and wallet.  He LOVES my wallet.  I always hang it in the front closet on a high hook, but Andrew has figured out all he needs to do is get a kitchen stool and he can reach anything!  A few weeks ago I came downstairs to find my wallet and all it contents all over the downstairs.  I quickly picked up what I could find, and put it all back away telling Andrew that my wallet was mine not his.  I don’t think anything of it until last week when I tried to return something at the store and they needed my id.  I couldn’t find it anywhere!  I laid my whole wallet on the counter and it was no where in sight.  I’ve been looking for it all week and have not been able to find it in any of Andrew’s usual places.  Chris even looks through my wallet.  We have been going back and forth on traveling to California and it was really bothering me I didn’t have my drivers license.  So today I decided it was time to just call it quits and get a new one (I just had it renewed this March).  I collect all the papers you need to prove you are a human being, pack snacks for the long wait at the DMV, get kids off to school and head down to my doom.  First line goes quickly…partly because Andrew and I were so enthralled watching the poor gal in front of us trying to get her two little kids to not run outside, jump on the counter, hit the guy behind us, ruin the person in front of her picture because they kept jumping into the chair…you get the horrible picture.  I take my picture, get my number, and sit down to wait to pay.  As I’m sitting down I figure i will get all my receipts ready for my next errand…returning Halloween stuff at Wal-Mart.  As I am looking through my wallet I realize there is a pocket I’ve never seen before.  I put my hand in it and magically I pull out my drivers license!  No joke, as I’m pulling it out Andrew yells, “SURPRISE!”  I’m sure it had nothing to do with my discovery and everything to do with the fact he just found a second set of car keys in my purse….but the timing was amazing.  I grab all my stuff, Andrew, my purse, my wallet, my receipts, and my newly found ID and go back to the counter to try to explain to the nice man that I no longer need a new ID and if I still had to pay the $18.00 since he took my picture all ready.  I swear he must have thought I was a crazy lady!

The last Andrew story for tonight…..The other morning I was enjoying some quiet time while Kallie and Andrew played in Kallie’s room.  I had just gotten Ben off to school and looking at my emails online when I hear Kallie yelling, “Mom, I’m locked in my room and I need to go potty NOW!!!!”.  (Our kids locks are on the outside of their doors and Andrew loves to turn the lock and then lock both of them in whatever room)  So I run down the hall and unlock the door for her.  As I look inside her room Andrew is laying on her bed with three pillows behind him, surrounded by baby dolls, and has our jar of chucky peanut butter in one hand and a peanut butter covered spoon in the other hand.  As I walk in he smiles with his mouth full of peanut butter and says, “Hi Mom!”.  Priceless. 

Another thing I love about Andrew?  He is so polite!  Example:

Me:  Andrew can you please pick up your toys?

Andrew:  No thank you mom.

Me:  Andrew it is time to come inside.

Andrew:  No thank you mom.

Me:  Andrew it’s time for bed!

Andrew: No thank you mom!

2 comments:

Briahna said...

Haha! These stories make me feel better! about E!

Krista said...

Thanks for the good laugh! I love it! Your kids are adorable! Hope you guys are having fun! Miss you!