I think the title to this post is catchy and sharp. I really don’t know how you would convey all of the information in that title more succinctly and still sound so much like Dr. Seuss as I just managed to do. Did I mention that I came up with it while I was very tired? Wow.
After we got all the chores done it was time to get dressed and go to the Halloween party at the church.
That’s right I even got into the spirit and shaved off half of my beard. The effect on most people ranged from disgust to awe to admiration. It does seem kind of weird to sacrifice my beard for a Halloween costume. I wanted to shave the alternate part of the top of my head so that I could tell people I was a checkerboard, but I figured sacrificing communication with my wife for a couple days was probably not worth a Halloween costume.
Of course, after being a little angel all day Andrew decides to switch sides once we get to the party. He was fascinated with the jugs of water and decided this was a good time to learn about hydrodynamics. I disagreed. He threw a tantrum on the floor which he converted into a low profile army crawl back towards the water. So went the party. Luckily they also had fishing and a cupcake walk for the kids.
After that we headed up to the trunk or treat in Grandma and Grandpa’s neighborhood we ran into all of our cousins.
Katie was the Spider Queen.
From there we went trick-or-treating at Grandma’s house and around.It was indeed a very fun night! Andrew thought the whole ordeal was really about who got to ride shotgun. The houses by Grandma are kind of spread out so we were driving between them. Andrew would try to stay behind to steal his seat of choice. When I made him go to the door he would wait until someone would answer and then bolt for the car yelling, “I ride by Mom!” Finally, at every house I had to tell him he wasn’t allowed back in the car until he had a piece of candy from that house. I’m sure he’ll understand the real spirit of it all a little better next year
Grandma of course added her own entertainment for the night with some colorful language. Katie was telling her about a diet plan and Grandma said, “So this is your b*!@#, huh?” She meant to say “binge” but she repeated the wrong word in conversation at least one more time.
In the car ride home Kallie asked me if we could sing the “banana” song. So I started, “Yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas…” “No, DAD! The one that goes ‘hey, hey goodbye’!" It took me a while before I could stop laughing. She was referring to of course to the well known oldie Goodbye.
When we got home Kallie didn’t get to sleep until about 30 minutes after everyone else because she had to get her babies all settled. I’m thinking we have too many babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment