Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Parties have begun!

Tonight we attended the Gillen Family Christmas party.  The kids always love to go to this family reunion/party, because they have an extra special guest who come…SANTA!  So, we got the kids dressed and headed up to Murray!

First off I love these two little kids.  Ava and Andrew are the cutest little buds these days!  I have to admit a few months ago when all Andrew wanted to do was pull her hair and push her down I was pretty worried.  But it seems time heals all (and growing up a little) and now we get cute pictures like this!

PC040444

And this!  I have to admit Andrew pretty much cornered Ava and she finally gave in and gave him a hug…but how cute!

PC040441 

Kallie, Lisa, and Sierra

PC040443 

Mom, this one is for you.  Here is a shot of Kal’s new hair cut.  Cute huh?

PC040448

Papa with Ava.  Isn’t Ava’s little dress adorable?!?!

PC040451

I know this next picture is blurry…but I have to put it in.  Andrew was SUPER excited when Santa came in.  We lucked out and happened to be sitting right in Santa’s pathway to get to his special red chair.  I asked Andrew if he wanted to go and see Santa.  He jumped up and ran to him, bypassing the long line of kids that had already formed.  This is the only shot I got of Andrew running into Santa’s arms.  He got right on his lap and just sat there with him.  It was so adorable!  (I’m not sure if the other parents who were standing in line with their kids thought it was adorable…but I did :))

PC040454 

Andrew and his best bud

PC040458

Santa and Ben

PC040460

When Kallie found out she was going to meet Santa she disappeared into her room.  She came out with a beautiful picture she had drawn for Santa and even wrote a cute little note on there for him.  This is Kallie presenting her masterpiece.  Santa made a big deal over her picture and even put it in his special red sack!

PC040465PC040464

Santa with all the grandkids that were there…sans Ava.  Ava was not a Santa fan to begin with.  Her Daddy worked really hard at convincing her he was a nice guy. 

PC040462  

The Hanson’s waiting in line to see Santa.  Ava kept a pretty close eye on what was going on with Santa.  Amy grabbed a Santa treat for Ava when the other kids sat on his lap…so Ava decided she would go and tell him thank you.

PC040467 PC040469

Success!  Ava told Santa thank you and gave him a nice list of what she wanted for Christmas.  This was as close to sitting on Santa’s lap as she would go.  Good job AVA!!!

PC040476

Party worked its magic.  We got home and put kids in bed….and THEY STAYED THERE!  It was a little bit of Christmas magic tonight!

No comments: