Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happenings

 

This week has been a doozy!  On Wednesday Kallie woke up with a temperature of 103.6.  Lovely.  Poor Kallie.  When this girl gets sick she gets SICK!  So all day Wednesday we fought high fevers, throwing everything up, and just feeling horrible.  Early, early Thursday morning (I think, for what a blur this week has been it could have been Wednesday morning) I was awoken by the lovely sound of Kallie throwing up again.  So we hung out from 2am to 5:30ish am and watched Marmaduke (super cute movie) and other fun cartoons.  I finally get her in bed…not sleeping yet…just in bed and Andrew comes to the side of my bed telling me he just threw up.  Thinking he was just repeating things he had heard the previous day I didn’t’ think much of it till he decided to confirm it by throwing up all over me, our bed, and my pillow.  Fantastic.  So we all get up to change sheets, give Andrew a bath, and all that fun stuff you like to do at 5 in the morning after not sleeping all night.  Chris was sweet enough to rock Andrew while I took a shower.  Next thing I know he is in the bathroom too covered in throw up and Andrew is missing his jammies.  Yep, he got us again.  The rest of that morning was spent rocking a sick kid and trying to catch vomit before it got all over me.  A very fun game... but a horrible outcome if you lose! 

Friday was a little better since Andrew was finally not vomiting every hour and Kal’s fever was in the low 100’s.  So I figured I would start a project I’ve been meaning to get to since last Christmas.  I made these cute little “candle” bags! We do “candles” every night in December, a tradition we got from Chris’s side.  The kids love it!  To explain what candles is go here for the whole thing.  We put little gifts in these bags for the kids each night.  Ben and Kallie think it is so fun that they have started making gifts to give to us each night!  I love it!  They are such thoughtful kids.   

PC110006PC110021

PC110007

Tonight was our ward Christmas party!  Normally I stay home with which ever child is sick (because one is always sick for some reason during the ward Christmas party)…but since we got that over and done with earlier in the week we were able to go as a family.  But did I get a family shot?  No!  Ben didn’t even sit with us!  He decided to join the Ackerman family.  Kallie and Andrew had fun running around and playing with all their cute little friends.  Andrew loved being a big kid and playing out in the hallway.  I found new appreciation for my calling as an activity days leader when I recruited my girls and their friends to watch out for Andrew.  They are amazing Smile!

So today Chris kept talking about how we needed to be at the   Christmas party by 6 pm to make sure we got a table.  We were asked to bring a pie…and Chris being the little chef that he is decided to make a pumpkin pie from scratch.  He started making it Friday night with baking out the pumpkins.  This morning he made the pie crust.  The afternoon was the big moment of pureeing the pumpkin and making the actual pie.  Needless to say he was very excited about this pie.  If I had been thinking I would have taken a picture of his precious pumpkin pie!  It gets out of the oven and he just can’t leave it alone.  Finally he has to try a piece.  He cuts into the pumpkin pie we are supposed to be taking to the ward party.  Doesn’t everyone love it when you bring a treat and one is already missing?  Chris assured me no one would notice since there would be a large selection of pie.  So we show up with our pies at 6 pm on the dot.  We are the first ones there.  Only the party planning committee people are there and they look surprised to see us.  Why?  Because the party doesn’t start till 6:30!  I was so embarrassed…but not as embarrassed as when I got home and realized that we had left our pie there (the only one on the table) with a slice MISSING from it!  Of course they knew who made it now and who took a slice from it!  I was so embarrassed…and Chris just laughed and laughed.

So back to the party.  We had an amazing dinner, fantastic dessert, sat by fun friends, and even got to hear the primary kids sing us songs.  It was such a fun night!  We lost Andrew a few times…but he always popped back up Smile.

Kallie in her cute Santa hat!

PC110011

Kids running around having a fun time playing together.

PC110012

Kallie singing.

PC110015

Ben is the kid in the Santa hat crossing his arms like he is mad.

PC110016

Chris and Kal.  I think this was a little much for Kal.  She got pretty tired after being up and going again.

PC110018

1 comment:

Briahna said...

I'm so sorry! I really hope we didn't give this to you, I feel terrible. Then again, I hope it isn't something new because I might lose my mind if we catch it again!