Thursday, July 21, 2011

THE BABY

I have no idea who makes up the more consistent readership of our blog, but for those of you who don't live close enough to recognize the signs: WE'RE PREGNANT! There's usually a lot of questions from people at this point in time. I'm sure I won't answer all of them but I'll give a general rundown of how the pregnancy has gone thus far. First, pictures of Mommy and Baby.




Here's the baby at 7 weeks. About the size of a grain of rice at this point, but big enough to see the little heart beating through the transparent body. The dark stripe down the middle is the spine.
Here's the baby at 11.5 weeks (today). The little sucker was little jumping off the side of the fluid sac. In fact, the tech could only manage to get this one still. I can only recall Andrew being as active as this in the ultrasound sessions. Here's Katie today. It takes quite an effort to get her vertical so this pretty much took care of her for the day.




Fortunately, this pregnancy has been our best so far. We've only had 1 week without any food or water whatsoever. After that she has been able to keep down some food or water every day. She has only had IV therapy twice in the whole almost 12 weeks of pregnancy. Pretty good so far. Talking on the phone makes her nauseous as does most everything else and not only does she have the TV schedule memorized, she has memorized half the lines of every show and she knows exactly when to change the channel for food commercials. Foods that have played a significant role thus far include egg and cheese english muffins, bean burritos, steak, baked potatoes, snickerdoodles, cookies and cream ice cream, waffles, lemon squares, and banana cream pie. She's also had some crazy dreams. For example: She dreamt that we were at the beach with a whole bunch of teenagers when it started to rain pieces of fish. So I go all the kids on a bus and told her to go home with her two brothers who, for some reason, were both evil and one of which was a talking, walking baby. Well, the fish were all covered in oil so my bus got in an accident while she ended up getting dragged on a crime spree with her evil brothers. Luckily, they decided to hit the 4 Seasons where, strangely enough, my family ate dinner every night in her dream. While her brothers were inside shooting up the place she sat with my family who were refusing to eat the most wonderful looking hamburgers because of some technicality. Eventually, she went to take Dandy over the grass to use the bathroom where one of her brother got hold of her. They ended up chasing her around the destroyed resort until they trapped her. At which point they held her down, cut her neck, and then pierced her ear with a crossbow. Not that they used the crossbow to pierce her ear, but that the crossbow itself was the piercing. This experience was painful enough that it woke her up from the dream. And so go her nights. We'll post more pregnancy updates as things progress.








4 comments:

Kim said...

I kinda figured that she was pregnant... I haven't seen any posts mentioning Katie so I figured she was down pregnant again!! Congrats on baby #4!!!

Lisa C said...

Congratulations! I wish we were there to help! Katie, you look great for being so sick and your running (before the pregnancy) must have paid off because you're tiny!

Krista said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!!

Christopher--I LOVE the posts of your kids and what they say and do! Andrew was my shadow in Rexburg...I kinda miss him beig by my side...Oh did I laugh had at the things that he pulled off!!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

You are so lucky that your mom and sister already told me!! Other wise I would be so sad that I am just now finding out!!

Congrats to you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy and find out what you are having and any names you have picked out!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Congrats again!