Now, as long as we're being petty, let's just point out that lots of you have had wonderful announcements lately - you've had a baby, you're going to have a baby, you bought a car, your kids do the best things, your FB life reads like a Horatio Alger's novel. We're sick of it. So, we're adding to the noise.
It shouldn't come as a surprise that we're moving again. We'd already told most of you that going overseas was in the cards. In fact, the prospect of it has been killing Katie.
To give you an idea of what my life has been like the past month, here is the text exchange between my wife and I yesterday:
Engaging in this type of exchange is dangerous because it means you weren't paying attention to your four-year-old. Who at the time was doing this:
Do not think that this has simplified our housing situation. We just found out Thursday that house number 2 is not likely to work out. That's the problem with performing a home inspection - sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Kind of - this ignorance would have been a blissful stay in the emergency room, because they found coliform bacteria in the well water. I mean, they also found other problems, but there's only one part of the house that I plan to regularly ingest.
I know, here's where you point out that well water can be treated. And the seller did offer to treat it. But coliform bacteria come from the colons of mammals and since there isn't one living in the well I think it's important to know just how the bacteria got there.
Now, tracking down that kind of thing can be very expensive and time consuming. Not to mention that all of our stuff is still in storage and our lease on the temporary housing ends in May.
Gosh, you might say, why are you even trying to buy a house anyways? A fair question. I don't have a particularly good answer, but let's just say it's a calculated risk that could work our for us financially.
Do I know that I'm skirting the issue? Of course, I do. I'm loving stringing you along like this.
Of course, you should realize that I've been telling you where we are going throughout this whole post. If only you could pick up on the clues I've been leaving every step of the way.
Must I spell it out for you? Fine, just read the first letter of every paragraph :). Shame on those of you who skipped to the bottom when I didn't tell you up front! (Katie is just thrilled it's not Israel....)


2 comments:
Very cool. I laughed so much at the picture of the painted toenails that I almost soiled my nappies!
Clever Mr. Erickson!! And KUDOS! You guys will ABSOLUTELY LOVE living overseas! We are so jealous!!! I just told Patrick that we'll need to set up a UK fund so we can come visit you!
Congratulations Chris! And Katie - don't worry - you really will love it and your kids will make life long memories!
Post a Comment