Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Grandma Shelley

Shelley surprised me by coming out here to VA to help me unpack and move in!  She has been a total lifesaver and I have no idea what I would have done without her here!  Yesterday when our stuff was delivered she jumped right in helping out and taking Nick.  I was very surprised Nick took to her so quickly since he tends to be a mommy monster.  Shelley took him for several walks (in the rain too!), fed him all his meals, got him dressed, played with him - everything!  It was so amazing!  Man, I love being back by family again!

This morning Shel was making breakfast and chatting with Zack while feeding Nick.  She is a pro multi-tasker! While feeding Nick she called him Brother (like she calls Bronson).  Zack pipes up and says, "Don't you mean Grandson?"  I busted up laughing!  He totally called Shelley grandma!  What makes this even funnier is our little conversation about how young people pay to have grey hair and we both don't get it.  So now I call Shel grandma - and I love it....because I'm older, but not in Zack's eyes!

 

No comments: