So, I am almost 40 years old and I just learned something new from my very intelligent husband. Did you know trees are very violent? In fact, they are constantly at war with one another. They are viscous fighters too. They fight to the death. See this picture below? This is hand to hand combat via tree.
Why can't we see this violence you ask? Because it is in such slow motion and is fought over years. The trees in our yard have been doing battle for years and years!So Christopher, the good Samaritan that he is, decided to aid the trees in this war and jump in as the referee. He decided which tree was closest to winning and cut down the loser with his chainsaw. He has even recruited Benjamin to this heroic work.
Why did this topic even come up you ask? That is a very good question. Christopher wants to cut down all the trees in the front yard - I want to plant more to hid our house and have more privacy. When I objected to the slaughter of trees, I was then schooled on this great war that was being fought on a daily basis. These poor trees. Yes, what else could we do but cut down the loser tree and put it out of its misery.
I should have taken a picture of the yard after the massacre. It was horrific.




No comments:
Post a Comment