We like to stretch birthdays for as long as possible in our house. Since Ben didn't get his requested crepes the morning of his birthday, we did them the day after. Also, we really get into decorating here...Nick and Zack even decorated Xander's swing....with Xander in it. Oh to be the youngest of 6....
For Ben's birthday dinner he requested the F family to come join us for smoked ribs, crunch salad, homemade rolls, and two different desserts - strata and Tresleche cake. Yum! Christopher is always up for using his smoker!
I can't decide who is the cutest couple.....Nini and Xander, Ben and Taryn or Shawn and Christopher!
Of course we did donuts. I'm sure the F family thought we were nuts. I know Nini did. But we can't have a birthday without donuts on a string! Zack made up a fun game where he put everyone's name in a bowl and drew out who would compete against eachother. Thankfully everyone was game and a good sport.
The match between Taryn, Korynn, and Ben happened so fast we had to refer to the video to see who won. Taryn was the winner!!!
Magic birthday candles are the best. But when you have 18 of them to blow out it takes a bit. I'm sure there was a good layer of spit on top of that cake. Don't worry - it wasn't just Ben's spit. He actually gave up trying to blow them out and called in reinforcements! We are covid comfy here :)
Deneen was a good sport and let Taryn teach Ben how to double dutch braid on her hair. Ben was a quick learner and did a great job too!
I can't think of a better group of people to share in this amazing kids' 18th birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment