To be honest I didn't think I'd ever write this blog post. My parents are not big on traveling. They don't like to fly and prefer to drive so they can take Bree. That's why I was shocked when Nini said she was coming out to go to Ethan's mission farewell! We were lucky to have her come and stay with us for a few days while she was here. She got to meet the locals...horses :)
She was here for Ben's birthday, which was so exciting. She got to play Jeopardy, enjoy some yummy sushi (that made her and Ben sick), go to a football game and see Kal perform, attend the farewell, give us our Christmas jammies, and teach me how to do the garland on my stairs. It was such a great visit and we hope she will come back!
Isn't it funny the high schools still use the same fight songs? My mom was in drill team and danced to the same songs Kal was dancing to. It was fun to watch her get into the game. In fact we were just going to drop in, but the game was so interesting we stayed for most of it!
She introduced Nick to these pizza and hamburger gummy things that he loves. I can't tell you how many of these things I have floating around my house and car!
She wears us out!
"Mom, smile so I can get a good picture with you and Xander"
Of course we had to do birthday donuts. Nini was so funny and thought she could actually win. Doesn't she know we are professionals?!
Walking into a decor store seriously gives me hives. Mom was able to help me pick out the things for our garland and show me how to put it on. I think I'll be able to do it next year....but maybe I'll pretend I can't and make Nini come back out to help me...yeah, I think I'll do that....
Christmas pj's and late night goodbyes because she had a 7am flight. The weekend went so fast that I think we need a do over soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment