I'm not sure when this happened, but somehow Ben grew up. Now he is driving, has a beard, a girlfriend, is applying to college, and is a legal adult. I'm not okay with all of this.
The morning of his birthday he requested crepes for breakfast - but we had other plans in mind. Ben is notorious for not wanting to make decisions - so after weeks of asking what he wanted to do, we just decided to decide for him. Taryn wanted to surprise him and take him out to breakfast - so we acted like we were going to make crepes - but actually Taryn was on her way over. She took him out to Cracker Barrel and they spent the morning together while we set up a few things at home. Secretly I think Ben thought we were throwing him a surprise party - but he was wrong.
He was greeted in the garage with a sign that said "Your birthday is in ......." Inside I had set up a game where he had to compete for his birthday money. We asked him questions all 18 year olds should know (and I was shocked by what they didn't know!)
Nope! You aren't seeing things! Nini was here!!!!! That deserves it's own blog post - so stay tuned.....
How amazing is this picture of Ben and Taryn?!?!? Taryn drew it and framed it as his birthday gift. Oh my goodness this girl has talent!
After jeopardy the kids gave Ben his gifts then we headed out to sushi for dinner! We had to go early since Kallie had to play at the game that night.
How does he always spill food on these poor kids?!
After dinner I took Nini to see Kal play at the play off game. It was such a great game! Ben stayed home started a movie and relaxed. Part 2 of his birthday continues tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment