Sunday, February 20, 2022

Grocery Shopping


Having 6 kids - and 4 of them being starving teenagers (or close enough) we always seem to need something at the store.  If Xander gets up early enough on a Saturday I will just go with him to the store and get the shopping out of the way while it isn't very busy at the store..and i don't have to take Nick. 

 Last Saturday Xander and I headed out around 6:30am.  I grabbed two carts - because it is always two carts - and pushed Xander's cart and pulled the other one behind me all around the store.  When I went to check out the cashier said (in a haughty voice) "you know, Dad's can help out too" - implying I should've left Xander home with him while I shopped.  I kindly let her know I got the easy job and Dad is home with the other 5 kids.  She shut up pretty quickly.  No, I didn't tell her they were older and all asleep - but I kind of wanted to put her in her place.  I will miss these big shopping trips and hungry kids always around the house - but I won't miss the shopping bill!

 

No comments: