Oh Kallie. I love this girl. No, I adore her! But for the life of her she can't help but get hurt! A few month ago she ended up in a walking boot after going to a party with a bouncy slide house. This time she was on day one of trek - out of three days and 12 miles. A wagon wheel ran over her foot - then, because this girl doesn't ever complain, she walked 6 MORE MILES on this foot! As soon as I got her back I took her home for a shower then right to Urgent Care. Everyone was shocked when it wasn't broken. The doctor said "some times the nasty looking ones surprise us". Yep, it looked that bad.
Want to feel like a weird/bad parent? Try explaining trek to a non-Mormon, healthcare provider. "We send out our kids, dress them in long dresses and long sleeves with all their things in big wagons that they have to push, sleep outside - oh yes, it is 90 degrees outside with 100% humidity. Oh, is that another tick on her? Yes, she is sunburned, oh yeah, and she most likely has sun stroke. Oh and she was throwing up too." I'm completely shocked they didn't call CPS on us....
Good thing we still have her walking boot....and we are heading to DC in a day and Hawaii in 4 days. Should be great....







No comments:
Post a Comment