Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Dancing Queen - Kallie is 17

 Kallie is 17! It's still so weird to say that! As per usual, Kallie had no idea and didn't care what we did for her birthday. She didn't really want to have friends over and just wanted to have a chill night at home playing games as a family. Well that is something we can do! 

She had marching band practice that morning - and the boys had eye doctor appointments, so we weren't going to be home when she got home. I wanted her to have something fun to come home to so I printed out almost 100 pictures of her growing up and hung them from her ceiling in her room. Here is a video of it....




I think she was a little surprised! Xander and Nick were great helpers (as was Andrew) and loved looking at all the pictures.  She kept them up for a week. which was pretty impressive!


Nick loves these little curtains we put up for birthdays. I had to get him on video running through them. Oh and he totally wanted to be star of the show with Kal's 17 tiara and sash - as per usual. 


We love making birthdays last as long as possible - so we did a hamburger dinner with sundaes on her birthday - followed by hand and foot that we totally let her win (happy birthday) then a movie!


I bought a 17 year old happy birthday pack and they surprised us with a wine bottle with wine cup! Of course I had to blow that up! We had a great laugh at this.

  

Nick loving being a 17 year old dancing queen with Kal.



I can't believe she is 17!



The Dancing Queen with her backup boys. Love those two little shirtless tummies.


One naughty boy (not naming names) took a huge piece out of Kallie's birthday brownies before we even sang to her! The little punk! I made him take a shame pictures.  FYI 17 candles on a small pan looks like a fire ball.



Then for part 2 of the birthday we invited Karen (or neighbor) and the Furnesses over for dinner and cake. We had a yummy Hawaiian chicken with grilled pineapple and a Caesar salad - followed by a kit kat cake!



Nick, again, had to have his own little cup cake that he filled with candles and had us light multiple times. I love this little man and I love how much he loves Kal!









1 comment:

Julie Swindler said...

I cannot believe she is 17!!!! Happy Birthday, Kallie!