Nick was so excited to go to the dentist. He had seen the older kids go, and now was his turn. He marched back, all brave and ready. Jumped in the chair - still smiling, looked at the tools - still smiling. Then she put a bib on him. His eyes welded up with silent tears and looked at me. He burst into crying when I asked if he was ok. I went and hugged him and all he wanted was out of the chair! I tried getting in the chair, holding him - everything, and he wouldn't budge. So we left the appointment. Apparently bibs are a no-go for this kid.
We used the extra time to run to the store real quick. I let him pick out a treat. When we got home I looked back and saw this. Apparently the dentist was more stressful than I thought! We will try again in 6 months.


No comments:
Post a Comment