Well, it had to happen sometime. Black Betty has officially hit the open road. On Sunday Christopher asked if he could ride the motorcycle to church to test it out for Andrew. I wasn't a fan of becoming a widow that day, so I voted no. Next thing I hear is Andrew coming in asking permission for Christopher to ride the motorcycle to church. I can't believe Christopher sent Andrew in to do his dirty work! But I had to appreciate the gumption, so I said yes. I've never seen two boys run and get on a motorcycle quicker!
We followed behind Christopher with Andrew commenting on the good, bad, things to fix, things that are awesome (mom, did you see how fast he accelerated?! - not what I want to hear), and just overall giving me a play by play about his bike and how Dad was doing riding it. At one point two guys on awesome bikes passed Christopher while we were waiting at a red light. Christopher, in an effort to look cool, gave the two finger wave - but forgot he was in gear and not in neutral. The bike lurched forward and died - as did all hopes of looking cool for Christopher. Then he couldn't get the bike to restart and the light turned green. Good thing it was just us and the Carters behind him! He got the bike started and we finished the ride to church.
I don't think Andrew heard a word of sacrament meeting as he was processing his bike actually being on the road! After church they sprinted back outside to play on the bike, only to discover it wouldn't start. After lots of tests (including checking oil and gas) he decided it was the battery and needed a jump. Oddly enough, with two of our cars at church, neither had jumper cables. Derek to the rescue!
We got the bike started and Christopher drove it to Mountain View - then swapped with Andrew, who got to drive it the rest of the way home. He was still floating on air by the time I pulled in 20 minutes later. Black Betty rides again.






No comments:
Post a Comment