The Windisch family were our family when we lived in New Mexico. They were our people. The moment we met we were instant family. They are the type of friends that can just walk in to your house, come over when everything is falling apart and you don't worry about being judged. Everywhere I've lived since meeting them I've always said, I just need to find my Charlie here! Charlie is on in a million, so I've never met anyone like her before or since, but that is the type of friend everyone needs.
Yesterday we were finally able to see them after years! We met them in 2012 when we moved to New Mexico. They moved a few years later back home to Florida, and we were so sad! Christopher and I went to see them during a work trip and did a fun adults only trip to Disney together! Brett and Charlie came to see us in England and now in VA! Their son, Pierce, had a lacrosse tournament in Williamsburg (about 2 hours south of us) and we couldn't miss the opportunity to not only see them again, but introduce them to Nick and Xander, who they've never met!
We pulled the kids out of school and drove to meet them for lunch. It's crazy how 6 years can go by, but with some friends you just jump right back in like not a day had gone by. I'm sure Pierce thought we were nuts (he is now 14...we last saw him when he was since digits). We walked around Jamestown for a minutes (avoided a leaky diaper crisis on Xander thanks to a swimsuit in the back of our van - he might have been frozen by the time we got back in the car!) and had an absolute blast catching up on them, their four amazing kids, and extended family. Hopefully we will go out to Florida this summer and see all the W's!



















No comments:
Post a Comment