Sunday, March 2, 2025

Fishing with Zak and Kira!

 Christopher is traveling around the world for the next 3-ish weeks, so we are flying solo - which is not my favorite thing. Thankfully we are blessed with some pretty awesome friends nearby who have become family. On Saturday I had a concessions thing pop up last minute at the high school. My friend Kira had invited my Zack to go fishing with her crew and I was afraid I was going to have to cancel. Instead they just invited everyone! So Andrew loaded up my van with him, Zack, Nick, and Xander and they headed off at 8:30am to go fishing at Kira and Zak's while I headed to the high school. 

My boys stayed all day with them and Kira and Zak took such great care of them! Zak took the older boys fishing, Kira packed everyone a lunch, then took the little kids home to play while the old boys had more time on the water. They caught enough fish to feed everyone for dinner (yes, Kira also made mac and cheese for the non-fish eaters - but the story goes that everyone at least tried the fish!) Zak taught Andrew and Zack how to clean a fish and cook it too. They had the best day ever and I'm so grateful for these kids who take such good care of eachother - and for such amazing friends who just jump in and love my kids as their own!











No comments: